Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EagleEyez 125 new pix 04/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:07pm
Got the RO/DI unit today....as well as the lights....and the skimmer pump.....

here are some pictures:

the 5$@(# silicon job on the sump....

The RO/DI unit has a TDS meter on it......when the water comes out of the tap, it is at 415 TDS......{glad I got it}.....then when it comes out the other end, it is Zero......also decided to run RO water to the fridge upstairs and to a tap on the sink.......

If anyone comes over, the will have to pay no attention to the kitchen....that is the only room in the house we are not remodeling before moving in.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:13pm
Jerry,

The baffles on the sump look too high. How high do you plan on running the water level? Is there going to be room in the sump to hold the extra water in the event of a power outage?

Mike

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:58pm

Good observation Mike. Looks like it will need to be completely full to cross over.

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 12:39am
That is actually the plan......It will overflow into another 55 gal tank that will sit on the stand just below the one in the picture......the plan is to have the water level almost full in that tank, so I can do a deep sand bed, and two kinds of macro...as well as my skimmer......then that 55 will overflow into another 55 that will have liverock, the return pumps, the top off valve, and room for the water in case of a power outage...

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 12:40am
Cool! I hope it all works out.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 12:42am
so do I

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 12:44am
because the glass was cut too big...I may have to sand down the baffles if the water gets too high......I have a marble polishing disk that can take quite a bit off of the glass if needs be....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:27pm
OK so we were buisy this weekend.....

I decided that the drain for the closed loop was not big enough......so we put a plug inside the tank on the bottome center bulkhead......then cut the valve off of the back of the tank......then we put on a 1 1/2in valve and will use 1 1/2in flex pipe to feed the closed loop pump.{baconfat helped....actually he did it all, while I messed with the closed loop from inside the tank}

I did get the inside of the tanks closed loop done....It should work great......also I ran my skimmer inside the tank to help clean some of the light dust particles out of the water.....this worked great......I also through in a dam....damsel that had been in my sump for a while.....he was still alive, and the nitrates where at 60 still.....so I also put in a huge ball of cheato, and a heater.....{the one from matt savages tank....thanks man}......I am finally going to force myself to build the hood tomorrow, and get the lights in.....

I am moving on Friday, and need to get the return plumbing done, the hood built, the spray bars done, and the holding tanks for the RO/DI water installed......it will be a buisy week........plus my anniversary is tomorrow......we also have to be out of the apartment by sunday night....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 8:42am
I'm glad it is still progressing. It sure looks like a busy week for you!

Happy Anniversary!

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 1:49am
It has been crazy this week......
But here are some pics.....only one halide is on....and i really need to build the side panels and the lifting front panel on the hood...{then I can take the towels down}

Also pictured is the first stop in the sump, the holding tanks, as well as the closed loop spray bars, and the skimmer.

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 9:11am

You've got to love progress. Are you running the lights with the towels on top? Those lights get pretty hot. Don't let the towels catch fire.

Mike

sshm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 1:44pm
I really like the lighting pattern the single halide puts out on the long tank. Probably not the look you'd want, but I personally would find it cool to have a rock scape that follows the slope of the light to the right side with a peak just below the halide and sloping downwards to the right and ending with empty space (open sand) in the darker area. The empty area could then be lit with a bunch of actinics to give it a deep ocean blue look.

Edited by sshm - September 27 2007 at 1:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 12:23am
I did not even think of that....that would be sweet.....

I did get the other halide turned tonight...I just had to clean the bulb before turning it on.......don't want to risk shattering one of those bad boys.......

as far as leaving open sand...I will have a section of open sand on the right, until I can get to scapping the rock into a free standing arm starting in the back right corner, and moving up and tward the front middle of the tank....for now...and the reef tour, I plan on leaving it as open sand.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:38pm
Ok the new guy that just moved into the tank....

A juvi Yellow Tail Coris{My excuss to setup a FOWLR....when he gets older}

I realize that I need more pics of the new setup......I am still Aquascaping......this week

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:43pm
Cool fish. How is that hood coming?

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:46pm
To update:

I finished the closed loop, works great.....sump runs great, and everything seems to be great.....I am still working on some algea growth on top of the sand......but it is getting better.....

I checked the Alk last night, and my test said 5.5.......well like I thought, it was the test......

Here is one looking down the tank

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

Cool fish. How is that hood coming?

Mike

Ummmm.....Welllll......Still working on it......now that I have the time, I better make it look great......so I have changed the plans for it about 4 times.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 6:17pm
Thanks for the update and the picture. I really like Naso Tangs.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 9:25pm
OK some more pics

Edited by EagleEyez5 - November 14 2007 at 9:28pm

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 9:50pm
Did that mystery wrasse leave a big burnt hole in your pocketLOL?  It is awesome!!!

The skull with the blenny peaking out from each eye freaked me out big time, LOL. 

The tank looks great!
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic