Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Radio Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Cephyowner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 7:42pm

Wow this is what I wanted to see. Optimism now we've got the ball rolling.

8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 7:58pm
What would be our budget?
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 11:32pm
Alright people its judgment day. We've got a radio show that is saturday 5-7 p.m.

P.S. I'm runnin for prez
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Cephyowner Cephyowner wrote:

Alright people its judgment day. We've got a radio show that is saturday 5-7 p.m.

P.S. I'm runnin for prez

Might want to be a Paid Member first. Wink
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:20am
What station do we tune into?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 12:00pm
I am going to pay I for got to pay for soo long.

I dont know yet todd has the gig setup
HORRAY IM GOING TO BE A TALK SHOW HOST!!!
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 12:11pm
630 am ktalk 5 pm to 7 pm I can be a regular talk show host. It will be on saturdays possibly every week and will be on air probably by september.
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Cephyowner Cephyowner wrote:

I am going to pay I for got to pay for soo long.

I forgot to pay for 5 days once......

Edited by EagleEyez5 - July 31 2007 at 1:45pm

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 10:58pm
Jordan, How long have you worked for Petco? What department? I'm thinking up questions for your show to discuss. I think I have good ideas for Todd, But I'm lacking any knowledge of your self. I'm thinking a discussion on Octi would be great. 

Be Aware that I am ENVIOUS of the fact your 16 and have a 800g tank.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:33pm
woooooooah  pull in the raines we are still waiting for the club and members to agree that a radio show would be a good idea
lets wait and see what happens and get this done right
we would like a first class show then look into advertisers,extra guests
we still have to aproach the pres,with a game plan
its good to hear what people want but this will be the first reef show on the radio and we want to look good and show people what we really stand for.
 if this comes up in the meeting then we hope the pres, will take a good look at the idea and let us know what we need to do....
801-955-5855
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:40pm
Todd, I thought Jordan had it all worked out with you. It is a little strange that this looked like it was flying ahead while you are in the process of setting up your new store. (congrats by the way)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 11:29am
I have a suggestion, maybe before someone goes out and schedules a radio spot we should write a couple of shows (like 4, a months worth) and pre-record them and see how they go.  We could start simple with guests that are relatively easy to get a hold of, for example Presidency Members or possibly one of the guests that comes to speak at a meeting.  Honestly if we could get 10-15 members to show up as an audience they could make the calls in and ask unscripted questions. 

I suggest this primarily because I think it would not only be nice to have a few good trial runs, so we don't look like morons on the air, but also so that when you go to radio stations you have 4 pre-recorded shows you can start with.  These can also be used for the initial podcasts...

If anyone is interested in something along these lines let me know since I do have a lot of recording equipment, and could probably engineer the pre-recorded shows. 

Anyway there you go, thats my 2 cents...

Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:06pm
superman1981- that isn't a bad idea at all.  Imagine having a guest speaker here (like Jon on Thursday).  We could spend an hour interviewing them the day after the meeting and just record it. 

However, I'm still worried about the finances of this project...
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:10pm
The finances are not that bad at all there are guests that would be on radio for free just for exposure.
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:38pm
Well Adam,

I'll tell you what.  If we can get it worked out to create a couple of pre-recorded shows I'd be more than happy to help, and I won't even charge my hourly rate Big%20smile  Of course that does mean, we're going to have to schedule a few weeks in advance, and have everything set up.  I'm more than happy to donate my time to help the club out, since it has helped me out a ton!

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:47pm
Would it be a good idea to PODCAST or "Pre-record" one of the meetings or portions of the meetings and put them out there as a show or download? Just a suggestion. This could help with content - especially with the DVD's and stuff available.
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:56pm
These are all great ideas! How many of you take advantage of the Reef Podcasts that are currently available here: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/past.php

We have discussed the idea of podcasting meetings, but the interest in purchasing DVD copies has been so small, we determined it not to be worth the investment.

Rhine - how many DVDs has the club sold so far this year? This info may give you a better idea if a podcast would be utilized.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:21pm
Maybe the best way to find out if this is worth while to do is to record a couple of different hour long shows, post them as podcasts and see what happens.  Worst case scenario, we all donate a couple of hours of time and decide we don't really want to continue.  Maybe we'll find out we like doing it but that instead of weekly we want to record one podcast a month and upload it... or maybe we'll find out we love doing it and at that point can start approaching public radio stations and solidifying deals with them.

The fact of the matter is we're never going to succeed if we don't prove to all the skeptics that this can not only be done, but that it can be done well.  I'm willing to pack up my recording equipment and spend a Saturday creating a couple of podcasts, I'll even mix them so they sound professional because I believe that this could be something that would be great for all of us.  But before we jump onto the radio, lets set up a plan, make the podcasts and see where we go from there.

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 12:23am
wait for one thing i really dont know you and i never said you could host anything,
or that you could help at our new shop,or show
you have been acting like you are in charge of things and i have never
even meet you before please do not say that you are involved with reefers/raggtags/our the radio station

thanks todd

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : Cephyowner
Sent : 01 August 2007 at 1:57pm

Todd,

dont tell . but hes being a real pain hes calling me inadiquite in my ability to raise an aquarium and he doubts i have one all together. he has offended me he said it because im 16 and im probably lying and im not old enough to run the radio and that hes quistioning your decision to let me host the radio show. he is really pissing me off!
801-955-5855
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 1:36am
Todd,

Thanks for removing my name from the PM you received from Cephyowner. I appreciate your discretion. Many people in the presidency and otherwise received the same message from him. His reaction was due to a private message conversation he and I had today regarding his role in your idea to organize an aquarium related radio talk show. It appears that he may have been speaking out of turn in regards to the project.

I'm confident he misrepresented his fish keeping experience and it appears he has misrepresented his conversations with you.

At least now you know ...

Edited by Shane H - August 02 2007 at 1:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic