Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Field Trip Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 8:01pm
Fred's in.  Is Barney driving?Big%20smile
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 8:07pm
I'll drive but I am picking the music!
W. Nut
210 Gallon Reef with Fish
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502
Barracuda Sequence Reeflo Pump
Lights.... Camera... Action
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 8:26pm
What do you listen to? Do I need to bring my earplugs? LOL
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 9:29pm
Tells me right there that Im driving.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 2:59am
I am still thinking about going but it really depends on how I feel.  I will try to talk my son into taking the ATV's, which would make it easier on us, however he coaches baseball and I think that is their first game that day.  I can't miss that.  Maybe my son-in-law and another son could do my hauling if we can't get the ATV's.  Normally I would not be such a wimp but I go in for shoulder surgery next week and they say it will take about two months to get back to full recovery.  I need about two totes full of rock so I may go out next week to check it out before my surgery and to see what I can get.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 10:53am
I dont need any rock but would be more than happy to help get yours. Ive never used atv's to get rock due to it being fairly close.(where Ive harvested it before) but thats always an option.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 10:58pm
Dion,
Where is everyone going to meet?  Where you go is it also on Stansbury Island?  I was just thinking what Taylor said, that we might need ATV's.  I did not use them last time I went but then I only got a few small pieces.
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 11:07pm
I have a 4x4 but no ATVs
W. Nut
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 9:45am
I have atv's but unless its muddy then it isn't necessary. And if it is muddy it isn't worth going any way. It is clay mud and sticks to the tires and makes a slick mess.Dead Hope for nice dry weather and it will be fine.

Ill find the map/directions on where to meet and post them. We go in from the south side of the island.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 2:35pm
Are we still talking of going out on the 28th and meeting at 8am?

Let's see 4 hrs to get to SLC.....So that's looks like I need to get up at 4am..3:30am just to be on the safe side... Traffic will be fine....maybe 4:30....LOL...if I brings frags....it's back to 3:30....Confused...Why do I always do this...Yes Dion it "IS" a fine line between a hobbie and mental illness...

Will

Edited by pickensw - April 09 2007 at 2:38pm
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:40pm
4 hrs tget to slc where are you coming from
out with the large and in with the nano
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 10:48pm
I think Will lives near Twin Falls Idaho.

Mike

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:00pm
Holy crap Will,

I think if your considering this......You are walking the fine line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would concider maybe an hour later start, if your going to come all of the way down here.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 9:31am

LOL...Thanks Dion it's always nice to have my worst suspicions confirmed by someone else. (other than my wife)

Yes Mike you have it right I live in Gooding ID which is north of Twin Falls.

I get down that way once a month for many different things so whats another trip. I am not sure about the 28th we are waiting on a mission call and it's killing him not knowing. So I know he will want to go shopping the Saturday following. He was hoping to get it 2 weeks ago so that he might be in the MTC before his sister leaves for San Degio on 5/14. YES 2 on missions!
I might just have to cut back on trips and the new frag tank but it is so hard not to think about it all the time....LOL

I sure would like to make it to one of the meetings but it's a long drive back and with work the next day. Maybe this summer after schools out.

Will

Edited by pickensw - April 11 2007 at 9:33am
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 9:40am
As for driving 4 hours......

We lived in North Dakota 10 years ago when I was in the Air Force. If you drove for 4 hours you still wouldn't be anywhere...I don't care which way you went....LOL. Has anyone ever seen the Mountains in North Dakota?

We lived in Minot for 7 winters....we don't say years because the winters last longer than a year! LOL I loved it but my wife could not stand it.
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 7:03pm
are you guys steal going on the 28 if so i would like to folow you out there and get some where are you going to meat at and so on
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:47pm
I'm still planning on it. Where would you all like to meet? We can meet at my house if we want.... I live near 2300 east and 3300 south in SLC... or is somewhere else better?
W. Nut
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:18pm
I am still planning on going - I live off of 7200 W.  and 3800 so.  What do I need to take, what time are we going and who is driving? And what music are we listening to????LOLLOLWink

Edited by frednwilma1999 - April 20 2007 at 11:20pm
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:21pm
Any one that is bringing rock back, should drive unless your carpooling in something big enough to carry rock for all. There is 2 different places to go after rock. Is there anyone going after sand? That will help to determine where we go.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:23pm
where is the place that you go look for rock by i am coming from spanish fork so just need to know where i am heeded

Edited by john hill - April 20 2007 at 11:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic