Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new wrasse wont come out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new wrasse wont come out
    Posted: March 16 2007 at 9:18pm

I bought a solorenis wrasse 2 weeks ago.It comes out but as soon as it sees someone it goes and hides in a rock. How do I make it more trusting or to came out more. It comes out to eat aslong as I turn the coner and sick my head out to see if it eats.

Jhamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 9:58pm
I have found that most fish are pretty scared when the are first intro duced to a noew tank give it time and you will earn their trust grasshopperSmile
Jeremy

40B INW

USAF
Biznitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biznitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 10:35pm
Ahh finally somebody else that says the phrase "Grasshopper" but to put a twist on it I always throw out "Young Grasshopper"!  But yes I agree with Jhamb.  I have a Coral beauty that was scurred for about a month and a half before she started to show her little face.
Adam Sainsbury

West Jordan

801-859-5969
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 10:48pm
As long as it is eating you should be fine.  I bought 2 more yesterday and the temminkii is out and about now , but the Coral sea fairy is stiil hanging under cover.  They both are eating, so no worries.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 1:11am
This hobby will test your patience. Confused

Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 10:23am
Yeah... In Brad's case it has made him irrwrassable!
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 7:03pm
Ok. So, I just bought a wrasse on Friday night and I have yet to see it. Should I be worried?
Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 8:58pm
I feel alot better once I  actually see them eat. One of mine that I got thursday is still being very shy, he peeks out every once in awhile and comes out to eat.  I wouldn't be too worried yet. What kind did you get?
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 9:18pm
that's a good question Brad. I'm not even sure what the name is. Where do you get all your awesome fish? I've never seen ones like yours at the LFS's.
Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 9:48pm
Good news. At least for now. I finally saw the tail. So, it's alive. It still doesn't come out to eat though.
Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic