Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sukie & Wudan's 90gal thread - Tear Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 9:50pm
FULL TANK SHOTS!!!!!!

oh and that is the dirtiest reef picture i've ever seen!

and I've seen clowns doing it
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 12:22pm
With all the election drama. . . I should post updates on our 90gal tank.   Sorry for the delay, I just uploaded the photos last night and can sit down to post updated shots.

First off, we set the tank up on 10/27/07 after like a year of planning.  Here's the full tank back then:

And here's a tank shot today:

The hippos are getting huge!!!   They're fatties for sure!  I think the plan is to get one them out since both of them will out grown the tank for sure.  Ouch  But I can't help but be attached to them. 

I've had corals die and survive really well. 

The one thing I'm really proud of it how purple it is.  I don't know why. . but's it's hella purple and I don't dose anything for it.  I think it's got something to do with flow and how much natural sunlight it gets in the morning.

Remember the happy cloud and happy tree inspired by Bob Ross?

Well today you can't even tell it's there:

Remember the green dinosaur?

Lost the zoo on his head. . . but he's not green anymore.  There's so much coraline algae on him that he doesn't even move his jaw anymore:

He loves to munch on rics though. . . LOL

And the blue zoos have been slow growers but at least they haven't died:

Palys have been doing awesome in the tank. . .

Even the brown ones that I try so hard not to have. . .

I've lost the pink fungia I got from Debbie and Jeff Cry  But that doesn't mean I don't have a bunch:

I got the purple one from Cody and it's huge now next to the huge one that started out from Connie & Teresa's Swamp Meet:

I've got a family of the green fungias.  I'm letting them grow out before plunking them and posting them on the board:

When I started the hobby almost 3yrs ago, I got a frag from Adam, pulsating sinularia and now it's the biggest coral in my tank:

I try to layer the floor with zoos and I don't know if I'm doing a good job of it:

Here's the ones I got from Crystal:

From Jeff & Debbie:

From Teresa:

One of my favorite corals are my duncans.  I started with one head from the Aquarium and now there much be at least 6+.  I'm hoping to get them as big as Tileman's colony. .Embarrassed

Favorite shot of the night of a hermit staring me down:

There's still a ton of little projects I want to do for the tank. 
  • I need to get my phophates under control, so putting a permanate phosban remover on the tank.  
  • I want to run active carbon on there.  I'll need to figure out how where to install it since I have a limited amount of space under the tank.
  • RO/DI unit install because I'm tired of running to the store for water. 
  • Install a new pump on my ASM skimmer. . . the Rio I have on it sucks big donkey butt.
  • Get a moonlight system on there.  With the new reflectors there really limited amount of room under the canopy
That's all I can think of. . . .

I Heart my tank!!!

Edited by sukie - November 19 2008 at 12:28pm
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 8:22pm
nice
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 8:50pm
Amy -

ABOUT  FLIPPIN'  TIME  YOU POSTED SOMETHING NEW ON THIS THREAD!!!! 

Now, keep it up ClapClapClap

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...)

Wink

Edited by carlso63 - November 18 2008 at 8:52pm
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 8:59pm
yay!!! very nice!!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 10:09pm
That's awesome. Thanks for the update and the pictures!

Mike

sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 12:25pm
LOL  Thanks for all the responses!!

Oh add the list - getting a reef keeper or aqua controller. 

I wish someone would do a show about pimping out a tank instead of a car. . . just a side thought.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by sukie sukie wrote:

I wish someone would do a show about pimping out a tank instead of a car. . . just a side thought.

I think that is a great topic for a future meeting.

Mike

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by sukie sukie wrote:

Wink

sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 9:14am
LOL 
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 9:36am
LOL That's wrong on SO many levels!
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 11:05am
I have this crzy urge to tear my tank down.

That's right. . . I want to start over. 

I've been looking at deals on the Buy/Sell/Trade to see if I want to upgrade or just keep the same tank size but ditch the oceans motion and dart.

The main reason I want a redo is because the tank is getting a manjano infestation. . it's annoying.  And honestly I don't have the time to dedicate to "pull the weeds' out. 

I want to start selling the corals, livestock, and rocks. 

Then I want a drilled 90gal tank. . . then. . . vortechs pumps!!  That's right! Cool

And then concentrate more on my sump and pimp that out. 

Why is it more fun to setup a tank. . .and fill it then maintaining it? Ouch

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 11:17am
Why is it more fun to setup a tank. . .and fill it then maintaining it?
I wonder that myself. LOL

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 11:20am
Its an addiction!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 11:38am

It may get me a divorce.

Setting up my 3rd tank in 5 months.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 12:04pm
LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 6:35pm
I think you just need a good dinosaur trap.

Mike

sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 9:16am
Well after a week. . the tank is almost empty, the only thing that's left is one hippo (pending pickup today)

I thought I'd be sad seeing it empty. . . but I'm not. 

I'm actually pretty excited to bring it back.  Brad and I were talking to Dave Anderson & Brad Syphus last night bout our plans.  Just talking bout what you're going to do it exciting.

So watch this thread get revived!!! (THAT'S RIGHT BOB!!  I'll catch up to your thread. . . )LOL
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 9:21am
And I'll even help you catch up -  see?

+1 more for Amy's thread ClapClapClap

sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 9:50am
LOL  Awesome blossom!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic