Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

burned out PC ballast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sivert55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sivert55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: burned out PC ballast
    Posted: January 17 2007 at 1:13am
I have a 48" power-compact fixture with two ballasts running 4 65w PC bulbs. One of the ballasts burned out. I pulled it out and found this information on the tag:
Electronic Ballast
one by two
Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
Current: 1800mA
Power: 2*65W
ë:0.60
µ:95%
Tc:60°C
Item NO: YZ2*65E
THD<0.25
I looked up the item number but only found a chinese website that I couldn't understand. Can someone recommend an online source for a replacement ballast? The old one has dimensions of 8.5"x1.75"x1" and looks like a small white metal brick. It fits tightly inside the housing of the fixture, so it'll have to be pretty close to those dimensions.
I looked on Fullham, but didn't find anything in dual-65w configuration.  Their list jumps from 55w to 96w.  Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement?
Sold it all. Building a 285 with dedicated fishroom.
sshm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 1:54am
Although I'm not sure about this and you may want to call Fulham (their customer service numbers are listed on the site) or Commercial Lighting Supply, I think the 2x55w Workhorse 7 will be able to fire both the 65w bulbs ( since the website lists the same balast for 2x96w. The output is modulated based on the load, which also forms the basis for overdriving lamps) .

Edited by sshm - January 17 2007 at 1:59am
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 11:34am

As sshm says, 55 watt bulbs come in two flavors.  Square pins (::) or flat pins (....).  The square bulbs are actually thicker then the flat ones.  And as far as the ballast is concerned the 55 watt (::) bulb is the same as the 65 watt (::) bulb.  But in the fulham line you need the WH7 to fire two of these bulbs and it's way too long for your application.

pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 3:24pm
If it's a Current or Coralife fixture then here is a website.

Just enter XH78a in the "Got a coupon code? Enter it here:" box when checking out to recieve a 20% discount!

Will

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic