Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone on the board scuba dive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone on the board scuba dive?
    Posted: December 28 2003 at 2:23pm
I just got certified and I am going Cayman, Cazumal and Bahamas(I hope I spelled those right) on a cruise next month. I plan on diving at all stops. Anyone ever been to these locations and have some recommendations?
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 2:42pm

Lots of divers in the club, I'm sure Kahuna and Diverdan can help you.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 3:06pm
My girlfriend and I dive. I have dove with Adam and Jake. Only at Blue Lake and Seabase though. I'm too broke to go anywhere else.
tfowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 4:40pm
Dove Casamel - Awesome! Did a drift drive through a "coral forest" and a few others. I actually have video of it as well, which I love, except when it shows me, since dive suits are engineered to not be flattering. :)   
Tim
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:00pm

I am aswell :-)

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Diverdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diverdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 9:46am
Out of the two I have been to Cozumel. Very, Very sweet! i dove with a very small doive outfit called caballitos del mar. Only two of us and the divemaster, for the regualr rate of $50 for two dives. Much better than going with a large dive operation where there are 25 divers and two divemasters. It is like being herded like a cow. Our dovemaster had over 5,000 doves in the area.

Anyway Cozumel is cool lots of acros and stuff (definitely a better reef than Cayman). Saw a seahorse as well. Hopefully you have some experience as it is drfit diving which means free descents and ascents and the boat just follows your bubbles. Make sure Cozumel is not your first dive after certification. I think you will hit Cayma first, then Cozumel. Cayman has great sea life, like sting ray city. Go on some easy dives at Cayman and you should be ok at Cozumel. Just go with the flow in the currents at Cozumel.

I am envious....
Enjoy the trip
Rich "Diverdan"
75 Gallon Reef
15 Gallon Reef
Chem Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 11:25am
I have done a lot of diving in the cold Pacific Northwest, and love to take the kayak out for a spot of spearfishing now and then. There are some things I do miss about living in Oregon!

Jim LaMunyon

Richmond, Utah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic