Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Experance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Experance
    Posted: December 11 2003 at 11:49pm
I would just like to say that last time, no, Everytime I have gone to Fish 4 U I get excellent service. There prices are awsome and there service is awsome. I do belive its my favorite store. Just wanted to share my good experance.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 7:29am

I second that.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 9:05am

I would have to say i have had the oppisite from fish 4 u the problem i have had is when chris is gone then the store is lost they dont know the prices or even half of the corals they have by name they just go by whats on the glass i wanted to by a SPS frag and the girl was trying to tell me it was a LPS(cup coral frag) i tryed to explain to her the difference and she told me she saw him frag it from a cup i asked when cris was going to be back and with a attitude i got a i dont know

so i called the next day i talked to chris and he didnt have a clue what she was talking about none the less chris took care of me (good deal on it ) just made me upset that i had to go back twice to get the same piece.....

Eric

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 10:19am
Being the newbie that I am  i have had nothing but great experiences at fish4u. I have definately been treated thest best up there. Chris rocks - very helpful. Too bad they are always so dang busy.
ffc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 10:34am
I agree with Fireshrimp.  It's fine when Chris is there but when he is gone the two girls there ignore you and/or have attitudes.  There is a third girl that does not have an attitude who I see occasionally when he is there and seems newer or less knowledgeable but she tries.
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 12:23pm
I think Chris needs to find some Knowledgeable Help if he isnt going to be there all the time(IMO)
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 12:55pm
I agree that Kris needs to find some knowledgeable help. When I have been there and been helped by one of the girls she was very rude and knew less then I did. But every time I have talked to Kris he has been very helpful.
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 2:52pm

Kris always has very good info and is very nice. What a great guy.

Adam

Edited by BananaTropics
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 8:40pm
The store has become a success because of Kris Fidone and Aimee Messick. Unfortunately Aimee had to leave because of pregnancy and she won't be back because she's moving out of state. Her husband has a good job offer.
I agree, Kris is probably the best, most knowledgable LFS owner in the state (when this statement gets to Randy Olsen, MSM, I'll never hear the end of it...Okay edit... Kris is one of the two best, most knowledgable, LFS owners in the state.
Hows that Randy?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ffc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 8:52pm
Is Kris a member here?  What's his username?
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 9:26pm
No he doesn't come here to the forum, he is so buzy with the store. But he has made it to almost every meeting lately. He often invites us over to his store afterwards for some good deals. His store is the closest to the meeting place, just a few miles south on Highland Drive.

FYI - Kris was an employee there until this year when he bought the place. Look out Larry Miller!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 9:42pm

Actually Mark, Kris is here on the message board.  If he wants to post he will, but I think he like to read.... HI KRIS!!!  Thanks for everything.

Adam

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:21am
Last time I was in there, Kris referred to a post that I made when I left out Fish-4-U accidentally on the LFS that I would go to. Just for future reference, I would go to Fish-4-U, but they need more sps!!

Mark, do you really know the extent of what you are getting yourself into, by making the Randy & Kris comment?    I'm not taking sides on this one. Both are great stores.

Edited by Marcus
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 9:14am
I have always enjoyed going to Fish 4 U and plan to continue. Kris Fidone is Da Man! He is tops in the field.

Whenever I go there Kris mentions something about the club in a positive way.     
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 10:32am
I also agree that Fish 4 U is a great store and Kris is a great guy but I will also agree that his help seems to have an attitude problem somtimes. I was argueing with one of the girls about ocellaris clowns. She was telling me they were not occelaris but percula and that there was only true or false percula and nothing else.
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 1:39pm
I've had nothing but very good experiences in fish-4-U, Kris and his female help.  Too bad it's so far out of my way...
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 4:41pm
I will also add to the Kudo's for Fish-4-U, and have not yet had a bad experience there that I can recall. Great store, very friendly help, and good prices (only thing better would be free stuff... Just Kidding )

Kris is great!

Thanks Fish-4-U

Edited by Ryan Willden
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 5:43pm
Adam, Kris told me on Friday that he doesn't get the meeting announcements, so I assumed that he isn't on the board.
Since he is on the board he must be another one that cannot receive emails from utahreefs. I have added his email address to my list.
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 9:34pm
Just to clarify since I recieved an anonymous P.M., I am just teasing about the comment concerning Randy and Kris.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 10:11pm

Mark,

The members on this board are not included on our email list.  Jake and I have thought about adding them, but have not since so many forum members are not from the Salt Lake area.  So for any of you reading this (hint hint) that would like to be on our email list please let me know. 
Kris, along with most store owners are not on our mailing list, because they asked to be removed. 

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic