Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Florida Keys Collecting Trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida Keys Collecting Trip
    Posted: November 26 2003 at 11:49am
Hello fellow reefers,
I was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in a Florida trip to do some collecting. Ive been to Florida 3 times before and collected everyting from gorgonians to hermits and fish (all legal to take with a fishing lisence). I usually go to the keys and know some good spots there. If anyone is interested Let me know. I am planning to go during late Feb. or early March. I just checked travelocity and the ticket price ranges from $203 to $250. If anyone wants to see what Ive collected in the past they are welcome to come over and check out my tank.
Asad
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2003 at 12:15pm

How do you get them home?  UPS or checked with your luggage?

seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2003 at 2:48pm
I check them in with the luggage. I take the plastic bags with me and go to a local fish store and pack with O2. While collecting I usually put the animals in buckets and do water cahnges everyday. So far I havent lost anything in transit.
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2003 at 5:51pm
What type of fishing license do you need to have? This was of question on my last trip in Oct-Nov. I didn't even try for fear of breaking a law= major fine!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic