Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Utah County

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Utah County
    Posted: November 24 2003 at 9:47am

It appears that Salt Lake County and north has quite a group of people involved in our hobby.  I would like to see if we have enough people in the Utah COunty area to help each other and possibly to hold our own events and meetings.  (Or at least to make it so that we can have events down here once in a while.)

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 9:59am

I second that notion.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 11:04am
Members of the WMAS need only ask and I will email them a copy of the membership list which allows them to contact each other...a common benefit of the best marine club in the world!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 12:06pm

We have a ton of members in Utah County.  It has been proposed many times to have a divide and form a Utah County Aquarium Society.  However, no one wants to volunteer to head that up.  As for the WMAS, I think there isn't a problem with having events in other areas, but once again someone has to volunteer to do the work. 

I nominate Kull.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tfowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 12:51pm
There are quite a few of us down here. I usually just contact people directly for different things, mainly John Finch for DIY stuff and John Fletcher for the best frags around, but I would like more contact with my neighbors down here. However, I can't see a pressing need to have group meetings here other than convience; for advice the message board works great, for informative meetings it's hard to beat the ones we have, and along with frag swapping it's well worth the trip once a month. But if anyone wants to meet down here for whatever reason, I'm there.

Tim
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 1:30pm

I would try and attend a meeting if it was here locally also, but probably not 'til schools out and I have thurs night free again...  I'm one of those infamous friday meeting people.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 7:01pm
I understand that the January meeting is on Friday!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
DutchDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2003 at 10:15pm
Yep - and be there - or forever hold your peace !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic