Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awesome LFS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome LFS
    Posted: November 17 2003 at 10:51am
Normally I wouldn't post regarding a specific LFS (as I'm a proponent of on-line shopping) but - I've yet to have a bad experience at Aquatic Dreams in Ogden. ---That is saying something.

My latest experience: I am setting up a small tank for my daughter's 2nd grade class. (20 gallon). I went into AD on Thursday night and asked them what they would recommend. They were more than helpful. Gave me some sound advice - they were honest about what fish I should use and which I should avoid. They even offered to donate a fish since it was for a school.

Anyway - long-story-short - I went in on Saturday with my daughter and they set us up with several fish, an anemone, snails, crabs, food, etc. They were attentive to my daughter's questions, asked her opinion about fish selection - generally made her feel important.

To top it all off - they gave me a killer deal - including store credit for some frags.

If you havn't been to AD - it's well worth the visit. Smaller store but great people. (and they realize that a LFS is a SERVICE industry)
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 2:07pm
That's realy good to hear. I have had both good and bad experiences with LFS' lately. Often the best service comes from the lesser known stores. Kudos to AD.
bubblenbrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubblenbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 2:40pm

It sounds like your LFS is a gold mine, I don't thinkI have found one here in Japan that even would think of offering a .1% discount on anything. Can't wait to get back o the states and setup a large tank.will have to maybe move to Utah for those great deals I am always hearing about and to meet everyone in the group of fellow aquaist that are a tight congregation such as this club.

good luck with the tank at school.

Tiny bubbles in my head
:) what was the count again....1, 2, 8, 3
ffc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 3:09pm
I agree, Aquatic Dreams has great service.  I didn't know they opened at one and got there about an hour early.  There was already someone there and he welcomed me in.  Unlike MW, I got there 10 minutes before they opened and the guy just looked at me and ignored me until it was time to open.  Too bad AD isn't closer to SLC.
Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 5:34pm
That's good to hear Shane.  I really need to get over and check out their store.
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 4:49pm
Anyone know Aquatic Dreams' phone nubmer? Or hours on Sunday?
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 5:23pm
Marcus - their # is 392-1300, but they are closed on Sundays.
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 6:10pm
I think that I'll be taking a trip up there next weekend.  With all the positive feedback they get, it's gotta be worth a look.  I'm also usually an internet only shopper but I think that I'll take a peek.
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 9:37pm

I think that my feelings regarding A.D. are well known. Ryan, Rodney and the guys will certainly bend over backwards to help you. They are hobbiests that own a store, period. They are learning and growing and truly appreciate your/our business. They are humble as well and do not come off with a know-it-all attitude. Mark summed it up in the thread I started "Justice Where It Is Due". They ARE te best new LFS in the valley. If you haven't been there, I do suggest it. They will be growing their dry goods section and RO system soon as well. $.25 a gallon and they offer pre-mixed as well. If you are a WMAS member, bring your card. 10% off!

I also understand the advantages of online discounting. I purchased my lights online and a few tools. But I also believe that if we as hobbiests want to have a wonderful resource locally available to us, we must also support them. Visit your LFS and spread the word. In the long run, it would be worth the $2 you save. Just my couple pennies.

In Syracuse

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 9:50pm
Thanks Ryan Foote, darn not open on Sundays.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic