Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Suggestions
    Posted: May 13 2019 at 5:24pm
Looking for some fish suggestions for a 40 breeder that don't hide so much. The tank I bought I kept the green chromes, pink stripe goby, purple firefish and tailspot blend all of which hang out in the rocks for the most part. Thinking of 1-3 more fish that are a bit less rock dwellers.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 10:48am
There's always cardinals. If you want something different then bangaii's, I like the yellow-striped cardinal fish. I have four and two have paired off. The male regularly carries babies. They're always out but don't swim around constantly. Also, they're not know for jumping if you don't have a lid.

If you do have a lid, I like scissor tail gobies or bar gobies. They're fun because they hang around the top of the water and add movement to the take. I have a about 10 in my tank and they are swim around together. It funny because they all sleep in the same little hole in the rocks about the size of a golf ball. They pack in like sardines and they all face the same direction parallel with each other and they are on top of each other and beside each other. So at night, if you shine a light in it, you see the mass of heads staring back at you. They pack in like sardines and they all face the same direction parallel with each other.
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 12:10pm
Clownfish for sure. Also you could do a pygmy angel. I love my flame angel and the potters are also beautiful too. the angels can nip at coral but that does not always happen. Clowns and angels will swim around a lot for you. 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

There's always cardinals. If you want something different then bangaii's, I like the yellow-striped cardinal fish. I have four and two have paired off. The male regularly carries babies. They're always out but don't swim around constantly. Also, they're not know for jumping if you don't have a lid.

If you do have a lid, I like scissor tail gobies or bar gobies. They're fun because they hang around the top of the water and add movement to the take. I have a about 10 in my tank and they are swim around together. It funny because they all sleep in the same little hole in the rocks about the size of a golf ball. They pack in like sardines and they all face the same direction parallel with each other and they are on top of each other and beside each other. So at night, if you shine a light in it, you see the mass of heads staring back at you. They pack in like sardines and they all face the same direction parallel with each other.

Thanks! Cardinals have never been my favorite but I will look into the others!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by knowen87 knowen87 wrote:

Clownfish for sure. Also you could do a pygmy angel. I love my flame angel and the potters are also beautiful too. the angels can nip at coral but that does not always happen. Clowns and angels will swim around a lot for you. 

These were my thoughts as well. I always love clowns and have always loved the small angels as well.
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic